1. Twinkies Definitely Do Not Last Forever
The average shelf-life is a mere 45 days.
2. Baby Carrots Are Just Regular Carrots Shaved Down
Nothing adorable about them.
3. Double Dipping Doesn’t Spread More Germs Than Just Single Dipping
That being said, don’t come crying if you get scolded.
4. Girl Scouts Cookies Come From Two Different Bakeries
The cookies are not one in the same and occasionally have different names, such as “Samoas v Caramel Delights”
5. Your Subway Foot-Long Usually Isn’t A Full Foot
Bring a measuring tape each time to become the most popular customer.
6. All Fruit Loops Taste The Same, Regardless Of Color
Your brain is just lying to you.
7. The German Chocolate Cake Isn’t Even From Germany
The inventor of the cake’s last name is “German.” Hey, still good.
8. The ‘Discontinued’ Oreo O’s Cereal Is Still In South Korea
Hopefully a reunited Korea means these babies will come back to the global market.
9. Those Double Stuffed Oreos Are Only 1.86x Stuffed
Be a smart consumer.
10. A Lot Of Ripe Oranges Aren’t Even Orange
Oranges in very hot climates never cool enough to dispel the chlorophyll in them, so they stay yellowy-green. For appearances, these “oranges” are subjected to ethylene gas to make them orange.
11. The Five Second Rule Is Complete Bull
Those germs got on there.
12. Peanuts Aren’t Nuts
They’re actually legumes. Who knew!
13.Your Cup O’ Soup Is Rarely The Full Cup
You’ve been jipped.
14. A Serving Size Of Doritos Is Only 11 Heckin’ Chips
That’s not even the full bag.
15. Grapenuts Are Neither Grape Nor Nut-Based
Ingredients: whole grain wheat flour, malted barley flour, isolated soy protein, salt, whole grain barley flour, malt extract, dried yeast.
16. Cap’N Crunch Is No Captain At All
The lines on his sleeve make him a “Commander.” Hopefully he is dishonorably discharged.
17. Carrots Do Nothing To Improve Your Eyesight
Your mom lied.