You can’t deny that penises are super weird — and as such, they happen to be responsible for a whole compendium of weird and wild information.
Whether you have a penis or you’re just an (*ahem*) “appreciator,” these phallic facts may very well blow your mind.
15. One foreskin can provide up to four acres of grafted skin for burn victims.
14. Every year, Japan has a festival to celebrate the penis and its fertility.
13. Blue whales can proudly boast that they have the largest penises in the animal kingdom, ranging from 8 to 10 feet in length.
12. A restaurant in Beijing specializes in serving up different kinds of penises (over 30 different varieties!) for hungry customers.
The yak penis costs over $220, though, so it’s definitely a place for special occasions only.
11. Penises can actually break (or rather, suffer a fracture). If this occurs, immediate medical attention is required.
10. All penises start out as clitorises in the womb, but male hormones cause the clitorises to grow into penises.
9. There’s actually a condition called diphallia, which results in an individual having TWO totally functional penises.
8. Circumcision primarily gained popularity as a way to curb masturbation in the 1800s. Doctors would recommend circumcising babies as a way to avoid “masturbatory insanity.”
7. There’s a museum in Iceland dedicated entirely to displaying penises from 93 different species.
6. The irrational fear of one’s penis retracting into one’s body is known as Koro.
5. Babies can get erections in utero.
4. Corpses can get erections, too.
3. Humans don’t have bones in their penises — and we’re the only primates that do not.
2. A penis size study revealed that men in the Republic of Congo apparently have the largest penises, reporting an average size of 7.1 inches.
1. Currently, the world’s largest penis measures in at 13.5 inches and belongs to Jonah Falcon of New York.