If dating were easy, there probably wouldn’t be thousands of apps dedicated to making you hate it less.
It’s inevitable that the dating phase of any relationship is super susceptible to f**k-ups and awkwardness. After all, you’re getting to know each other, and that doesn’t always come naturally (especially if you’re forced to sit down at dinner and pretend you’re NOT sizing each other up).
However, it should comfort you to know that, regardless of how much you might screw up on a date, you will still probably never screw up more than these Redditors on r/TIFU:
15. This is why Austin Powers references are CANCELED.
14. To be fair, choosing between chocolate and sex is kind of a Sophie’s Choice.
13. Don’t go on a date with Norman Bates, ladies.
12. Wrestling is sexy — until it isn’t.
11. I mean, at least they’ll have a hilarious story to tell their grandkids…?
10. Honestly, this guy sounds like he’s a champ.
9. Remember: karma is real, and karma will f**k up your casual dating life.
8. Maybe try dating someone with a sense of humor next time?
7. Don’t try out any crazy pubic landscaping right before a date.
6. Asking for a name is usually a good rule of thumb.
5. Thank God for people like Jared.
4. Um, try waiting at least 12 hours between dates?
3. Honestly, props to this girl for not putting up with any teenage boy laziness.
2. If this isn’t a bonding experience, I don’t know what is.
1. Yeah, I think pretty much everyone could have told you that this was a bad idea.