You don’t really know what your first time having sex is going to be like. According to the movies and TV, it’s either going to be a transcendent, mutually fulfilling, post-Prom wonderment you’ll remember forever…or an awkward, disappointing embarrassing ordeal you’ll remember forever. And you’re certainly not going to ask your parents, and your friends will just lie. But hey, there’s always the Internet. Some people who were equally in the dark about sexual matters before they lost their virginity shared with AskReddit the things they wish they knew before they had sex for the first time.
1. Don’t need to, nor should you.
You do not need to completely unravel a condom before you apply it to your penis.
2. You might make somebody’s day in a totally different way than they made yours!
It’s not as big of a deal as I thought it was. I’m a guy and I lost my virginity at 23. I didn’t tell my partner at the time that I was, but when she found out she fist pumped and said, “Yes! I took a guys virginity!”
3. Look, it’s not so hard.
Vaginas can be really tight, and if you are a little floppy from nerves or whatever, it’s not going to go in.
4. Bean there, done that.
There’s this thing…its called the clitoris…and its kind of a big deal.
5. It’s all pretty hot. Literally, you guys.
I guess not that I wish I knew but was so surprised by how warm it was, 100% caught me off guard not sure what I was thinking it’d be like
6. The pre-game is as important as the game.
There is NEVER enough foreplay.
7. But if you go lower, you’ve gone too far.
It’s lower than you think.
No, even lower.
8. Spoiler alert: sex leads to babies and genital warts.
If you don’t have a condom and she says “it’s okay I take the pill” do NOT proceed. Seriously. It’s not only about getting her pregnant and producing a money destroying hell demon, but also STDs and stuff
9. True, but it’s also true for basically everything.
The importance of lubrication.
10. It’s quite gross and messy and there’s even a name for that gross mess.
How messy it can be! The “cuddle puddle” is real, my friends.
11. This person didn’t know it was going to last so long, and/or is bragging.
My wife and I were both virgins when we got married, I wish I knew on our wedding night that we shouldn’t do it 6 times in 8 hours…. We were both sore for days and only did it like 2 more times during the rest of our honeymoon.
12. Falling in love? A rookie mistake.
You might feel a super instant attachment to that person, but they might not feel the same way about you.
13. But what about, “Carry On Wayward Son,” though?
Take your ipod off repeat one!!! Dust in the wind by kansas is a TERRIBLE song to lose your virginity to!!!
14. It’s the one place where “fake it ’til you make it” is a bad idea.
It’s perfectly ok to tell the girl you’re a virgin, DO NOT act like you know wtf you’re doing when you don’t and she does.
15. Nothing lasts forever, and that includes you, you stallion.
Don’t feel like you have to last forever.
After she had an orgasm she was done, said it was too sensitive to keep going. Didn’t offer me any assistance with my stuff, so she was sitting in the truck listening to music while I was standing outside whackin‘ it in the moonlight next to a cow pasture.
16. Make sure to pee! (Afterwards.)
It’s never like in the movies. I’ve never seen a realistic sex scene in a movie. For one, unless you put serious effort into orgasming at the same time, it’s never going to happen. Also, you never see them clean up or pee afterwards. Always pee afterwards, it’ll prevent urinary tract / bladder infections.
17. So then why bother?
No, losing your virginity will not instantly improve your charisma and make more girls like you.
18. Sex is fine, whatever, no big deal, meh, etc.
sex is a fun, but not exactly life-changing or transcendent experience… there’s no reason to have so many hangups about it.