Intimacy is an important part of any relationship and real intimacy relies on open communication. Once you’re comfortable enough with someone to tell them your likes and dislikes in the bedroom, that’s when you know you’ve got something good.
For instance, one partner may assume their counterpart enjoys oral when in fact it makes them uncomfortable and they’d rather avoid it altogether. This is a vital conversation to have.
Take it from these women who shared with Whisper the reasons why they strongly dislike receiving oral pleasure.
1. Some find it unsanitary.
2. Some people just don’t like it.
3. It doesn’t always feel good.
4. It causes a bad reaction for some.
5. It doesn’t bode well with someone who has OCD.
6. It’s something you can’t explain.
7. Prickly beards don’t feel good down there.
8. Maybe it’s an insecurity thing.
9. It’s not for everyone.
10. There was a bad first experience.
11. It can be uncomfortable.
12. It makes kissing taste different.
13. The other person might not enjoy it.
14. Some people just really hate it.
15. It’s awkward.
16. The excuse that always works.
17. All the awkwardness.
18. Regardless of the technique, it doesn’t feel good.
19. Some partners aren’t very good at it.
20. Again, not for everyone.
21. Guys aren’t always the best at it.
22. Each one is like a snowflake.
23. Some people are just givers.
24. It’s not weird.
25. All about preference.
26. Maybe it’s just not your kind of thing.