There is a reason we need sex ed in this country. Well, there are actually many reasons, not least among them the prevention of unwanted pregnancy and awareness of STDs. But we also need it because, clearly, without it, people are beyond confused about how women’s bodies work.
Here’s the thing: women’s bodies are very similar to men’s in a lot of ways! More than some people seem to think. On the other hand, when it comes to menstruation and sex, hoooooo boy are these people on the wrong track.
1. Like this person who thought that a) women’s farts smelled worse and b) it was because they farted less.
2. Or this person who was worried she’d shorten her unborn baby’s life by getting a haircut.
3. This author who truly had no idea how women pee.
4. This person who thought the size of a woman’s vagina was determined by whether or not she had thigh gap?
5. This person who was so very sure that only women have hormones.
6. This girl who thought she was pregnant with a half-dog baby.
7. This person, who didn’t understand maxi pads.
8. This fella who thought women could just hold their periods in.
9. This person couldn’t “find a source” but is positive that women are expelling copious amounts of eggs during sex.